This is a site built by a buddy of mine (StudioRhoad.com) to document the progress of my project 620 build that Iím doing. I hope I have the patience to continue adding and updating as I move further along with the project. I will also be blogging about general stuff in my life as I experience them. Feel free to check out my About page for more info and background.

Archive for March, 2009

Posted by Chad on March 25, 2009

Got the rear towers done

Got the rear towers done
Image

More parts showed up at my door step. I also got some 264 crower cams but didn’t grab a picture before sending them with Scott.
Image

Got the front towers started. They’re awful tall so there’s gonna have to be some extra support for these. I will get to that next.
Image

Image

Image

Went to pull-a-part on a hunch from Howard about a Datsun being there. Was able to get a couple of extra fenders that were in pretty good shape, cowl, lower air dam and bumper.
Image

Went back the next weekend and got the whole dash setup.
Image

Had to get a new hoist so I could stop bugging Matt about using his. :)
Image

Got the structural support tacked in place until I can get the struts out to fully weld.
Image

Made some sway bar/ TC rod mounts. Also tacked in for the moment.
Image

Had to remove the factory TC rods to get the Megan Racing stuff to work, even after I went to the junk yard to find more 620 TC rods, spent several hours measuring, cutting and fitting the factory ones.
Image
Image
Image

More parts:
Image
Image

I always wanted an old school four panel mirror.
Image

I’ve always hated driving around with just those two little brake lights under the tail gate so I bought a third tail light.
Image

Back to fabbing up the TC rods. I didn’t see this part coming until I had already cut off the factory TC mounts.
Image
Image

After some chopping, cussing, masterbating, and welding.
Image
Image

Figured that since I was already messin with it I’d go ahead and stiff’n it up too.
Image

After some grinding and paint.
Image

Finally got the strut removed and was able to drill out the hole for camber adjust and finish all the welding and throw on some paint.
Image
Image

I was suppose to do the passengers side tonight but started talking with Kathy and Scott and the next thing we knew it was 8:30. Oh well, tomorrow it is.
Image

I’m gonna do some more support for the front. But I still have to test fit the cab to see where everything is going to be so I can route my tubing.